Local History (80)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Myddleton Road Festival 1998

This fascinating document makes a really interesting read. Attached is the programme for the 1998 Myddleton Road Festival - it contains lot…

Started by Richard McKeever

6 Apr 27, 2012
Reply by Diane Burstein

Muswell Stream - Bowes Park/Bounds Green

Edith's Streets blog contains a History of the Muswell Stream going through Bowes Park (and another page for Bounds Green). This deals with…

Started by Stephen Middleton

3 Apr 16, 2012
Reply by Richard McKeever

Old School Info ...

Hi!  I was just wondering if anyone out there might have any info on a school called Bowes Park High School?  My Great Aunt went there betw…

Started by Nina Patinas

2 Apr 10, 2012
Reply by Nina Patinas

The ranelagh tavern bounds green road

Not sure if anyone can help but I am tracing my family history and my grandfather was the licensed publican of the pub in 1904. I wondered…

Started by jennifer

3 Apr 5, 2012
Reply by Kathie Burke

Architectural features on Myddleton Road

Since I moved to the area, I've loved spotting quirky architectural features on Myddleton Road.  Have you seen the roof geese? Or the pre…

Started by Lindsey Berthoud

0 Dec 29, 2011

Memories of London's water fountains for a book about drinking water

Emma M. Jones MSc (Authors' Foundation Award Recipient) is asking for help on this. Please see her attached poster and contact her direct i…

Started by Lesley Ramm

4 Dec 29, 2011
Reply by Lindsey Berthoud

The shifting street signs of Bowes Park

Walking around Bowes Park last week I noticed a couple of bits of historical street signage that must have survived over many years - and t…

1 Nov 25, 2011
Reply by Ruth Cherrington

Listed tunnel repairs start

If you are interested in historic structures and their restoration and repair - then do go and look at work just started in Myddleton Road…

Started by Caroline Simpson

0 Aug 5, 2011

London Historians Website: Article on the New River

I am a big fan of the London Historians Website - lots of interesting and well researched articles on odd or unusual elements of London.  …

0 Jun 3, 2011

Waiting for the Post?

Have you ever had to wait for the post to arrive - anticipating a particular letter? Of course it was all much better "in the old days" ...…

0 Mar 27, 2011

RSS

Connecting the communities of Bowes Park and Bounds Green in north London.

Featured Content

Translate this website

© 2024   Created by Richard McKeever.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...