Local History (80)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Furniture warehouse, Bounds Green, late 1950s

Apparently relatives of mine used to live in rooms at the back of a large furniture warehouse  in Bounds Green.  Just wondering if anyone h…

Started by Catherine Grey

0 Jun 23, 2016

Old film of switchback railway at Alexandra Palace

Stephen Middleton of the Friends of Alexandra Park https://sites.google.com/a/dreamcountry.org/jennyap3/home put me on to this delightful c…

Started by Alison M

2 Jun 19, 2016
Reply by Stephen Middleton

Charringtons Mechanised Coal Depot at Palace Gates, Wood Green 1958 - 1984

Charringtons%20Depot%201958.doc Archived here for reference and posterity, a short article from Trains Illustrated September 1958 Vol XI No…

Started by Richard Matz

0 Apr 16, 2016

Enfield Archives and Local Studies - council consultation on service provison

For anyone interested in the history of  Bowes Park, local history generally, archives, heritage and the like, you may be interested to lea…

Started by Meerie

15 Nov 27, 2015
Reply by Donald Smith

The Blitz

From my book I in addition to the tube station incident: A total of 14 High explosive bombs fell on the Bounds Green area causing serious d…

Started by Albert Pinching

4 Nov 22, 2015
Reply by Hutch Woodward

Haringey First World War Peace Forum

Haringey First World War Peace Forum Conscientious objection in Hornsey, Tottenham and Wood Green https://hfwwpf.wordpress.com/ New blog de…

Started by Lesley Ramm

0 Nov 20, 2015

New book captures the heart of Hornsey

New book captures the heart of Hornsey   Hornsey Historical Society is proud to announce the publication of Ivy-Mantled Tower: A History of…

Started by Lesley Ramm

0 Nov 14, 2015

Hornsey Historical Society’s most prestigious book available from 5th November.

Hornsey Historical Society’s most prestigious book available from 5th November. Ivy-Mantled Tower, by HHS Vice President Bridget Cherry OBE…

Started by Lesley Ramm

0 Nov 2, 2015

2nd APPLICATION TO DEMOLISH COLIN CHAPMAN / LOTUS CARS SITE IN TOTTENHAM LANE

Anyone interested in local history, Lotus Cars or F1 may wish to know about another planning application to demolish the site where Lotus r…

Started by Lesley Ramm

0 Oct 27, 2015

The Real Reasons why we Drink at the Ranelagh

Back in the summer I was approached to take part in a local oral history project - and to encourage others to get involved too, It was a fa…

Started by Richard McKeever

0 Oct 16, 2015

RSS

Connecting the communities of Bowes Park and Bounds Green in north London.

Featured Content

Translate this website

© 2024   Created by Richard McKeever.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...