Can anyone recommend a builder please?  I need someone to rip out a shower enclosure, find (and fix) a leak and then redo it.

My previous builder was local but has moved away.  Any recommendations gratefully received!

Thank you :)

Views: 668

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Add Detail  0208 822 4451 give them a try

Thank you Irena, sorry I have only just seen this!  Could you let me know their name and what work they have done for you please? Thanks :)

Sigitas  quoted for a bathroom refurb. The project is on hold at the moment my end. They have a profile page on Facebook and Twitter.

May be worthwhile requesting a visit and see what you think. Most of the tradesman info available on here is out of date. It is a nightmare trying to find a competent trustworthy builder.

I agree about the nightmare of finding competent and trusty workmen.  It would good if we could build up a bank of workers on this site that is up to date.  I can see that if there are just a few names it could be a problem as they might be inundated with requests - but if we could build up lots of names - that would be a wonderful local resource.

Hi Liz,

We've just bought a house in Bounds Green which is in need of some refurbishment and I was wondering if you had got anywhere with your search?

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Tom,

Welcome to Bounds Green.  It is great that so many new people are moving into this area.  At the moment I have given up on local builders and decorators - all badly needed for our house.  When I do get round to tackling the issue I'll let you know how I get on.

Last year I had some bodywork done to our car after slates came off the roof in a storm and hit it.  We went to Sean's Spray shop (07930121605) in Tottenham and he did a good job!

Glazier used this year from Hand and Langer 0208 360 6744 - came immediately to fix a cracked window.

Also I have used Oscar the plumber (0208 888 7794/ 07889 537892) - recommended on this site - to fix a tap last year.  He was going to fit a new bath which had been cracked when something was dropped onto it - but in the end that was sorted by an insurance claim - we have yet to find out the effect on our next claim!

Finally roofer -  James - came to check out the damp on the bedroom ceiling.  Located it to moss that had built up round the chimney base.  He removed it and this seems to have sorted it.  This was after other roofers had given quotes for hundreds to a couple of thousand pounds for remedies that seem not to have been needed.

RSS

Connecting the communities of Bowes Park and Bounds Green in north London.

Featured Content

Translate this website

© 2024   Created by Richard McKeever.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...