I'm looking for what may be an old-fashioned sort of dressmaker to take up the uneven hem of a swirly, silky dress. It's quite an expensive dress - or would be if I had not bought it in a sale - so I don't want to risk taking it to one of the dry-cleaner's tailors up the road who tell me just to pin up the amount I want taken up with a safety pin; one of them has ruined a skirt in the past. I would like to find a professional dressmaker who will pin up the hem of the dress all round by 2.6" while it's one me as it's not that easy to get even. I know of such a dressmaker in Kingston but it's a long way to go.

Views: 258

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Anna - the 'Dress Doctor' is very good (she adjusted and revamped practically all the clothes of one of my client's) and she's mobile, so may come to you. 

Have a look at http://thedressdoctor.co.uk/

Anna,

I have sent you a message off-forum about someone local who could help. I anyone else is interested, please email me.

Colin

Anna,

Thanks for your email. I have tried to reply via the forum, but it failed! I suggest you simply phone me or my partner Lesley on 020 8883 9069.

Thanks,

Colin

RSS

Connecting the communities of Bowes Park and Bounds Green in north London.

Featured Content

Translate this website

© 2024   Created by Richard McKeever.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...