Dear Neighbour

The Bowes Park Community Association (BPCA) is co-ordinating a network of community volunteers across Bounds Green and Bowes Park to support our neighbours during the Coronavirus pandemic.  We think it is vital that we provide safe contact and practical support – at a distance – to anyone who needs it.  We know other local groups are already setting up support systems which is amazing and heartening to know that we live in such a caring area.

To make sure no-one in our community is overlooked and to use our resources to best effect, we’d be really grateful if you could reply to this email or email info@bowespark.org.uk to let us know: 

• The names of any streets that already have a support group established (please can you ask the person co-ordinating to contact us)

or

• If you want to be a Local Co-ordinator for a street / section of a street 

Many thanks and take care

Emma, BPCA Chair

P.S. if you are reading this and are in need of support because of coronavirus, please contact us

Views: 2781

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is an excellent initiative - well done and thank you. 

Is there a similar structure in Oakwood, please? If not, I can see us setting one up - I'm two doors down from Helen Shore, who's an activist.

My husband and I would very much like to help with this.  We are in a high risk group but can help around our road Hardwicke Road with support.  We are feeling very well and healthy.  

We could co ordinate something in our street if you wish.

Hi there

I work in publishing and someone sent me a brilliant list this morning of free books and audio. Hope this is useful. 

https://www.docdroid.net/HSVVX8S/reading-from-home.pdf

Sx

Don't forget gutenberg.org

You'll likely need a crafts directory list too. Time to get started on booties, knitters. In 9 months hence...

If anyone has a kindle then Bookbub.com is great, you put in your preferences and get a daily email of heavily discounted and free books via Amazon, I have collected loads of free books since I started using it

My husband and I can help if anyone needs things picked up and delivered around the Blake Road area (or further afield).

Is there a possibility of getting groceries in 2 weeks’  time in the Marlborough Road area?

Hi Vivian, there certainly will be! Have you had a flyer through your door with the details of your street coordinator? If not, we'll find someone to help you.

No I have not had a flyer with details of my street co-ordinator.  It could have been taken by my neighbours downstairs.  I live on Marlborough Road near junction with Myddleton Road,].

Thanks for organising this. It is great.

Are you up to becoming a veg and fruit mini-wholesaler?

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:66481401192891...

Now the restaurant sector's imploded, Covent Garden's overloading - and I suspect Smithfield and Billingsgate may be too. With Mums now standing forlorne, this may circumvent the Tesco hoards

RSS

Connecting the communities of Bowes Park and Bounds Green in north London.

Featured Content

Translate this website

© 2024   Created by Richard McKeever.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...