I've checked the forums but there is nothing up to date.  I need someone to repair a broken brick gatepost.  All the bricks are there and my husband could probably do it, but because it's a gatepost, I want to be sure it's safe!  It got knocked off by a passing wheelie bin.

I've been quoted £382 for what seems a very small job involving a minimum of new materials - I know nothing about these things, but it seems excessive and frankly, we can't afford it.  Can anyone recommend someone, or is there a good, reasonably priced local brickie out there who could help?

Views: 424

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, there is a freelance brickie living in Stanley Road. I have used him to repoint my house and he has also built several garden walls and driveways in the local area. He does an excellent job and i found him to be very honest and straightforward. I'll PM you his details.

Hi Claire, I realise this post is very old, but by any chance is the brickie still living locally and open to work?  Struggling to find someone who could do some repointing and brick cleaning potentially at our place in Woodside.  Thanks!

There is always lots of people advertising their services on the local nextdoor forum. Builders etc

https://nextdoor.co.uk/news_feed/

RSS

Connecting the communities of Bowes Park and Bounds Green in north London.

Featured Content

Translate this website

© 2024   Created by Richard McKeever.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...