Hi all - I live locally and I'm fundraising for CalAid to raise money to buy essentials and urgently needed items like soap, shampoo, torches, etc for refugees- I've raised £755 so far (after an original target of £100!), and am hoping to reach £1000 by Sunday 6 Sept.

Please share & donate if you can. http://www.gofundme.com/442wbpm8 

These items will be sent to the main 'shop'/centre in Calais by CalAid where donations are properly distributed by Pascal and his team, who I have been in touch with.

In the video link below, Pascal explains what is and isn't required. I'll be updating everyone with a list of everything bought when done.

https://www.facebook.com/JoinCalAid/videos/513861245430693

CalAid have a donation drop off point in Dalston and are asking people to bring things required on Sunday 6th Sept. They have a very specific list of things required so please check the website. Men's trainers, hiking boots, tents, sleeping bags, blankets and jeans (smallish sizes only) are very urgently needed. If people have donations but don't have transport, let me know. I am also taking donations now but only have a small car so depends how full I get.

Do consider collecting locally too if you can. THANKS.

Views: 503

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Leigh, 

Thank you for your amazing work and count me in  - let's do what we can Bowes and Bounders! :)

All welcome to a drop-in, pay-what-you-can Salsa class this Sunday to launch my new Salsa Sundays in Southgate!

All proceeds from the class will go to Leigh's CalAid link above so bring your friends, family, random strays!

Our last fundraiser for North London Samaritans raised £200 so I know we can do it again!

Here are the details - please spread the word...

What: A Charity Salsa Class to raise funds for CalAid 

When: Sunday 6 September 

Where: St Andrew's Church Hall, Southgate, N14 6PP

Time: 4-5pm 

How much: Whatever you like - all proceeds will go to CalAid 

For more info: Call Sureka on 07984 136 961. 

Please spread the word! Thanks, Sureka xx

Great idea! Good luck - wish I could make it. x

Thanks Leigh but no doubt you are rushing around doing more important things than wiggling and giggling! ;) xx

Hi Leigh, our Salsa fundraiser went well - we raised £75 which I've donated to your page above :)

I'm waiting to hear back from the venue to see if they can donate the hall for free so I can give you the hall hire fee too!

Thanks again for all your amazing work - the world needs more people like you! xxx

Another local support network for refugees is being co-ordinated by the Big Green Bookshop in Wood Green, who are raising money to help a makeshift library which has been set up by a teacher at the camp at Calais called "The Jungle". They need more books - if you want to help. please donate books or money via the Big Green Bookshop.

More information: http://woodgreenbookshop.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/the-jungle-library....

Yes, books are much requested. Great stuff.

Thanks for letting us know - was just about to have a clear out! xx

Hi Leigh

It's great to see someone who is really trying to make a difference for these desperate people. Well done to you.  I have a couple of bags of mens clothes and shoes etc that I would be pleased to donate, but do not have a car. I live in Bosworth Road,  could I get them round to you,  or would you be able to collect from me.  Or I think I have seen another local post saying that someone (Sue ?) would be willing to take contributions delivered to the Annual Show at Golf Course Allotments but am wondering if I am getting things mixed up ?

Thanks  Caron 

RSS

Connecting the communities of Bowes Park and Bounds Green in north London.

Featured Content

Translate this website

© 2024   Created by Richard McKeever.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...