Hi,
Has anyone else noticed the complete lack of lighting in the alleyway that runs from bowes park station towards the north circular, following the train track?
It seems that the harringay section is fine, but the street lights have been completely switched off in the enfield section (at least by the time that I walk down it at 6.15, which isn't exactly late by any standards)
It actually makes it quite difficult to navigate the alley, as it's completely pitch black down there.
I've sent a message to enfield council via their 'report a problem' website, which had been predictably ignored. Anyone know how I can contact them to ask why the lighting in a well used public right of way has been switched off?
Cheers

Views: 400

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In response to Warren's enquiry:

I've sent a message to enfield council via their 'report a problem' website, which had been predictably ignored. Anyone know how I can contact them to ask why the lighting in a well used public right of way has been switched 

Warren does not identify when he reported the problem:

The location is in Bowes Ward so that I suggest that he telephones the contractor on 0800 032 6788 (24 hours)

and email highway.services@enfield.gov.uk as well as local councillors., such as Cllr.Alan Sitkin

Ward Councillors operate a Open surgery every Saturday 10.30 at Trinity at Bowes Church (Palmerston Road)

Just to follow up Warren's message.

We called the emergency number several times with no effect. The Council contractor blames UK Power Network, however I checked with UKPN and they attended and fixed the problem on 30th November. This would explain why Goring Road lights are fixed now, however the pedestrian path remains pitch black. Council blames UKPN, UKPN blames Council.

There is no way of holding anyone accountable. Any ideas how we could get this fixed before someone gets hurt or steps into a dog poo?

RSS

Connecting the communities of Bowes Park and Bounds Green in north London.

Featured Content

Translate this website

© 2024   Created by Richard McKeever.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...