As the economic circumstances continue to prove challenging tough decisions are being made about our local shops and services.

Many of us take being able to walk to our local shops and services for granted. But for far too many people on foot, forced closures mean local shops, post offices, pubs, doctors’ surgeries, schools and libraries are becoming out of reach.

Help stop this trend.

The government is undertaking the biggest shake-up of the UK planning system for a generation. Living Streets is a national charity campaigning to make sure that neighbourhood shops and services are kept within walking distance and are at the heart of any changes to planning regulations. 

Help keep our local shops and services, and the people that work there, close to you – join the campaign. Together we can send a strong sign to government that we don’t want them to close.

Aggregating small local campaigns at a national level helps win support - but we can also take action ourselves by making sure we use our local shops wherever possible and lending a hand to those elderly or vulnerable neighbours who find it more difficult to get out to the shops.

Views: 104

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not a huge gardening fan but I was amazed to see our local Sunshine Garden Centre appear in Which this month coming first in London and 4th nationally. Maybe I should visit and see what the fuss is all about now that Summer feels like its coming.
http://sunshinegardencentre.co.uk/

You definitely should Kevin...it is one of the most pleasant places in the area and as well being knowledgeable, the staff there are ridiculously nice. And no, I don't have shares in it and nor am I emploed by them....they just have a way of making a visit there totally pleasureable.

Well deserved awards if you ask me.

RSS

Connecting the communities of Bowes Park and Bounds Green in north London.

Featured Content

Translate this website

© 2024   Created by Richard McKeever.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...