Are you affected by the stink and slime from the water weed in The New River?
Do you have to keep your windows closed in the hot weather because of the smell?
Have you stopped walking along the river because it looks and smells bad?

It is a health hazard.

This is the Thames Water number to ring to request an urgent cleanup.

(This is free: beware, other Water Board numbers cost you £6 to ring).
Press button 1 for reporting water leaks (There is no designated extension that covers the The New River.)
Be patient with the time it takes to talk to a (very nice) real person and to get the request logged. She’ll request someone from the Ground Maintenance team to call you within 24 hrs.
I did this today and am expecting a call.
The more people log their complaints, the better.

Views: 305

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I too reported this on 2 July, the same free phone number, and the person I spoke to said he would report it to Environmental and that I would receive a call.  I was never phoned back.  I have lived in Bowes Park for 40 years and can't remember a time when the river was like this.  There are others who have complained.  I have noticed some improvement but it is not yet back to how it was.

I wonder whether this has anything to do with the recent works done by Thames Water to install steel sheet piles all along the banks between Whittington and Myddleton Roads. This must surely change the flow and prevent natural aeration from roots along the river banks.

RSS

Connecting the communities of Bowes Park and Bounds Green in north London.

Featured Content

Translate this website

© 2024   Created by Richard McKeever.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...