Hi all

There is an application to change the use of 127 – 129 Myddleton Road into a gym. This is the building that was the Tabernacle of David for a while. It’s in between Panikos tailor and the Funeral Directors.

You can comment here:

http://www.planningservices.haringey.gov.uk/portal/servlets/Applica...

Search for reference number HGY/2015/0680

I think a well-run gym could be a good local resource, and I may well use it myself. it is likely to bring more people to Myddleton Road, resulting in more use of existing businesses on the street, and helping the regeneration of the road. And this property has been either vacant or under used for some time, certainly since I moved to Bowes Park in 2013. Some local residents in Thorold Road have objected due to concerns about parking and noise from loud music. I would have thought that any successful business on the street could result in an increase in car parking, but hopefully lots of local people will use it and come on foot. As to the noise, don’t know if the council can specify conditions around this?

What do others think? It doesn’t take long to make comments on the Haringey planning website

The decision by date is listed as 21/04/2015.

Thanks

David

Views: 2441

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Any idea what the restriction on hours would be? I hope it will be usable by those of us who work full time?

The decision notice on the planning application says:

The use hereby permitted shall not be operated before 6.30 hours or after 21:00 hours Monday to Friday, before 08:00 hours or after 20:00 hours Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays. 

Great idea!

A local gym is really missing from our area.  I am concerned about how big the property is to accommodate a gym and also the quality of services.  I 've been at gyms in Palmers Green and Wood Green where you feel "packed" and experienced very poor facilities. 

It will save me a lot of time as I need to visit a gym at Southgate during the week and proximity may motivate me to visit gym more often. Noise is always an issue for those who live next door or next wall.  Local residents should support it anyway!

RSS

Connecting the communities of Bowes Park and Bounds Green in north London.

Featured Content

Translate this website

© 2024   Created by Richard McKeever.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...