Does anyone know what has happened to The Prince?

This is the lovely pub near the obelisk, on Trinity Rd, at the edge of Trinity Gardens.  It is a locally listed building.

In the last few years it was run by two Egyptian brothers from Cairo.  It has wonderful internal spaces, and it would be a crying shame to lose it as a pub.

A few weeks before Christmas I noticed it was closed.  The lights on the bar pumps were still on but all dead inside.  Since then it has had windows broken and outside furniture chucked around. Looks very bad now.

Does anyone know?

And is there anything we can do?  Community pub?  Encourage Weatherspoons to take it over?  ????

Caroline Simpson

Views: 7276

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

New year, new hopes. 

Is it too much to hope that The Prince (of Wales) could be open again and serving great beers by this time next year?

Can anyone bring me up to date with what is happening to the pub idea at present?

It still looks as if it is heavily lived in above the pub.

http://www.haringey-today.co.uk/article.cfm?id=107913&headline=... 

Following our success in listing the pub as an Asset of Community Value in October 2015, I emailed several brewery chains alerting them to the potential business opportunities at the site. This led to several requests for further information but no news as yet on any positive development. Word is that the freeholder has recently instructed his agent to put both the pub and the Housing of Multiple Occupancy site above it on the market as it stands. A local entrepreneur is considering the feasibility of investing in the site. Watch this space!

Many thanks, Richard.

Eyes open and fingers crossed.

We have some good news for you...
After long protracted negotiations we've finally got the keys for The
Prince. We have one other pub - The Duke's Head in Highgate and plan
to open up The Prince on similar lines to focus on great beer, food
and strong links to the local community.
We have family in the area so we’re familiar with the community and
looking forward to opening up the pub and meeting everyone. We're
going to open asap after some refurb work but until then you can
get updates on Twitter by following @N22Prince or the website
www.theprincen22.co.uk
See you soon!

What brilliant news!

Well done.

I look forward to drinking your health in your pub.

Very good luck with it all

Caroline

Wow, this is fantastic unexpected news!

We live a few doors down from The Prince for 8 years and we have desperately wanted to have a nice local, sounds like its about to happen!

All the best and can't wait to visit.

Hurray!  Very best of luck with turning this gem of a pub into a local asset!  Looking forward to a drink already...

Hooray!!!

I have drunk in the Duke's Head a few times and it's a lovely pub with really friendly staff and an excellent range of beer and food. So glad you have taken over the Prince and looking forward to the opening with great excitement :) Best of luck with the refurb and hope to meet you soon!

This is splendid news. The Dukes Head in Highgate, which they also own, is in the Good Beer Guide 2016. It was also the local CAMRA branch's pub of the season, Autumn 2014. So it looks like the Prince is in good hands. I can't wait until it reopens. When it does its up to us in the local community to make a point of patronising it and ensuring its success.   

Thank you for that  information David, 100% agree with your last remark,  lets hope we all make full use of it, I certainly will if the food is good,  I'm sure they will also sell a nice Brandy!   

See you all in the Pub,

Sheila

"great beer, food and strong links to the local community" - all my prayers answered! Fantastic!

Thanks for all your support and positive responses. If we go a bit quiet it's only because there's a lot to sort out so we can get open asap (and The Duke's Head to run!) but we'll keep you updated through the forum, newsletter and twitter etc. and have a proper pre opening locals night at the pub. See you soon!

RSS

Connecting the communities of Bowes Park and Bounds Green in north London.

Featured Content

Translate this website

© 2024   Created by Richard McKeever.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...