Following our recent discussions about the Prince Pub on the corner of Finsbury Road and Trinity Road a formal application for listing the premises as an Asset of Community Value has been prepared by Richard Matz.  A copy of the application is available to download.

Now, to complete the formal application, we need a minimum of 21 site members based in Haringey or an adjacent borough to sign-up and confirm their support.

We have a simple and secure online system  - please add your name address and postcode information to this simple online form, and show Haringey Council how much support there is locally to preserve this building as a local community asset.

Thank You!

Views: 5239

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't think the location is a problem.  We'd love to see another pub in the area.  My partner used to go to the Prince on match days to watch sports, but we'd also be happy to see it become a family-friendly local serving straightforward food (the pizza oven at The Gate is much missed!).

Whilst the location isn't ideal in terms of a natural flow of footfall, I don't think it is a deal breaker for The Prince...in fact whoever takes it on could make it a feature, create a real destination. I think the lack of a beer garden might be more damaging but The Victoria Stakes had a good response to that. Although The Prince got quite rough in its end days, the one thing I always remember were the beautiful original features and great scale and always felt it would make a really lovely pub because the space is so interesting. The potential is massive for an investor, especially if the upstairs area provides an income too. It will be really interesting to see what happens when the current landlord puts it on the market because that will be when all the hard work by Richard Matz and the Bowes and Bounds community gets a chance to shine. Fingers crossed eh? At anyrate, well done on excellent progress so far.

We have some good news for you...
After long protracted negotiations we've finally got the keys for The
Prince. We have one other pub - The Duke's Head in Highgate and plan
to open up The Prince on similar lines to focus on great beer, food
and strong links to the local community.
We have family in the area so we’re familiar with the community and
looking forward to opening up the pub and meeting everyone. We're
going to open asap after some refurb work but until then you can
get updates on Twitter by following @N22Prince or the website
www.theprincen22.co.uk
See you soon!

Excellent news!  We look forward to your opening.

What wonderful news, as soon as we have a opening date, it would be nice to meet up and show our support to the new owners, we might also be able to say what we would like to have there, nice food, Beers, perhaps some quiz nights and so on, well done Richard for all the hard work and time you put into this project. Sheila

Have been following the various threads on The Prince with interest. Well done with the ACV status and the campaign in general which helped us immensely with deciding that the pub was worth a go. We'll definitely have a pre launch night so we can meet everyone and hear your ideas. 

Excelliant, please make sure you inform us of the date a few times, as i dont log on every day and dont want to miss the launch night, Sheila

fantastic, see you on opening night!

Looking forward to it. Sign up at http://www.theprincen22.co.uk/ and we'll send out dates from there

Martin

This is terrific news! Very best wishes with your new venture - let us know if the Bowes and Bounds website can help spread the word and support you and your team.

Already looking forward to the first pint on opening night!

Richard

Thanks Richard - Remember we met last year at the festival? It's been a long time coming but not too much longer now. Will of course keep you posted and well done with the site it's great to have something that locals use and interact with

cheers

Martin

Fantastic news. The Duke's Head is an amazing pub, so can't wait to see what you do with The Prince. It'll be a great addition to Bowes Park. 

RSS

Connecting the communities of Bowes Park and Bounds Green in north London.

Featured Content

Translate this website

© 2024   Created by Richard McKeever.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...