I had my wonderful son ernest five weeks early and am a bit unprepared! Really keen to meet other local mums with babies because my husband has just gone back to work and I want to get out and about. Thanks all, Cathryn x

Views: 1639

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ooh there is a fab music session at The Step on mydleton road, 11 am on Wednesdays suitable for all ages! I am new to the area too so looking for other baby friendly activities. Ernest is a fantastic name!
Thanks! Is it wednesdays? I walked past yesterday and it seemed to be on then?? Anyway, would be great to meet for a cuppa perhaps? Thanks for the name compliments! X
Yes Wednesday's! I am back at work on Wednesday's so my lovely mother in law takes my son now.

thanks michelle

vicky has been in touch. we are on whittington road bowes park.  where are you? my husband and i lived in the step before baby!

sorry for lack of caps - feeding and typing dont mix!

hope we get to meet soon x

My sis is just on her way to look at a house there! X

Hi Cathryn

Congrats!
There are a group of mums who regularly get together in Bowes Park and beyond. You can join their group called 128 Mums Group on Facebook. Lots of good tips being shared there and chance for a nice meet ups with the babes. I have 2 boys but back at work now, not loads of free time anymore ;-( but I do try!!

Lucy

thanks a lot lucy!

Our little one enjoyed Movers and Shakers at Baskervilles Cafe (Palmers Green)

http://baskervillesteashop.co.uk/page15.htm

http://theplayingspace.co.uk/moversandshakers/

Also try Baby Rhyme Time (Palmers Green/New Southgate)

http://www.netmums.com/enfield/local/view/baby-toddler/parent-toddl...

You might need to sign up for a block of sessions for these or similar activities but you can normally try them out first. Look up 'Pushy Mothers' if you have any energy left for exercise (you'll prob want to wait a bit...).

thanks so much stuart!

hi cathryn - it's vicky here, michelle mentioned me.  congratulations on your new arrival!  hope things are going well.  as michelle said, just email me if you want to be included on our local mums list.  btw, you don't have to be an nct member to be included on the list.  i'm in the process of organising a meet up for new mums at the moment.  it'll be in september, when most people are back from hols.  but if you email me with where you live, maybe i can put you in touch with other mums who live nearby so you can get together sooner. 

the 128 mums are also a great group - on facebook; and i can second movers and shakers classes are great, too;

all the best,

vicky

hi vicky

good to hear from you. i am a member of the nct. i did my classes in crouch end because we were moving at the time and unsure where we would be.  We live on whittington road right by bowes park nursery. i would love to be included on the new mums list. my email is cathryngroves77@gmail.com.  a sept meet up sounds good.

thanks! cathryn x

I will also check out 128 mums. 

how do i join 128 mums? it's a closed group - thanks

RSS

Connecting the communities of Bowes Park and Bounds Green in north London.

Featured Content

Translate this website

© 2024   Created by Richard McKeever.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...