Hello Bowes and Bounds Community,

My name is Emmanuel Katto. I’m new to the area and am eager to start a garden in my backyard. I’m particularly interested in sustainable gardening practices that are both environmentally friendly and supportive of local wildlife.

I have a few questions:

1. What plants do you recommend for our climate and soil conditions, and where can I find them locally?
  2. Are there any eco-friendly pest management techniques you’ve found effective in this region?
  3. Does anyone have tips for starting a composting system that works well in small urban gardens?

I’m excited to hear your experiences and suggestions to help me create a thriving garden!

Thank you!

Best,

Emmanuel Katto

Views: 30

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Emmanuel that sounds like an excellent plan. Lots of information out there. You could start by having a look at the RHS and BBC Gardener’s World websites. Alice Fowler is also good to read. What plants you can grow will depend on how much sun or shade your garden gets. For pollinators the best flowers are ones with an open centre so they can get at the nectar. Having a pond is good. It should attract frogs annd maybe damselflies. And don’t be too tidy - wildlife likes places to hide. Good luck. Diana

RSS

Connecting the communities of Bowes Park and Bounds Green in north London.

Featured Content

Translate this website

© 2024   Created by Richard McKeever.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...