Bowes Primary moves to three form entry for reception 2012

Interesting news from Bowes Primary - they are moving to three form entry for reception for the 2012 intake in response to the overwhelming demand for primary places in London. No guarantees after reception though so I don't know what will happen to children when they move to year 1...

Views: 227

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As far as I understand it - this expansion is just to take account of a particular cohort who will move through the school in a three form year group - whilst in subsequent years the school will revert to two-form entry.

It's a lovely Victorian building (only just! It was completed in 1901) and is delightfully decorated with kids work inside ... but it really couldn't cope with a 50% increase in pupils. Not least the additional pressure on already limited outside space.

Hi Richard and Tom

Yes - since I first posted, it has been confirmed that - as you say - the 2012 cohort only will be a 3 form year that will follow them up through the school. It does make we wonder what will happen after 2012, once the Notting Hill Housing Trust accommodation is fully up and running, as Bounds is I think at capacity too.

To your point Tom, waiting for this letter is a bit like getting your exam results (am currently having nightmares that I didn't submit the electronic application correctly and that Alex won't get a place anywhere!) Good luck with your daughter - hopefully it will all work out well for all of us,

Nicole

Richard McKeever said:

As far as I understand it - this expansion is just to take account of a particular cohort who will move through the school in a three form year group - whilst in subsequent years the school will revert to two-form entry.

It's a lovely Victorian building (only just! It was completed in 1901) and is delightfully decorated with kids work inside ... but it really couldn't cope with a 50% increase in pupils. Not least the additional pressure on already limited outside space.

RSS

Connecting the communities of Bowes Park and Bounds Green in north London.

Featured Content

Translate this website

© 2024   Created by Richard McKeever.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...