I have just come back from the market and I want to say a really big THANK YOU to the organisers, especially Lucy who I believe was the moving force behind it. Thank you Lucy, and everyone, for sticking with it. The stalls were great, including one selling the best chocolate brownies ever. But for me the best thing was bumping into so many people I knew. This is what community is all about, isn't it? There was a lovely friendly atmosphere. Let's hope it's the start of a true revival of Myddleton Road - the community is crying out for it!
Diana, Queens Road

Views: 848

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Totally agree - thanks to the group and their willingness to fund it and essentially set it up it wouldn't of happened and we couldn't have offered such a great subsidised deal for traders. The strategy group do really important work to try and improve the road, with relentless effort and they should certainly be given a big cheer!

It was a really lovely event and great atmosphere. I loved the hay bales for seating in the community garden. I bought bread, stuff from the deli and story tapes (!) from the big green bookshop. Have had one feedback from a dog owner this week- somewhere to sit and chat with dogs next time? Thanks to everyone who spent so much time, energy and attention to detail making it a success. Made me proud to be a local resident. Sarah, Melbourne Ave.

RSS

Connecting the communities of Bowes Park and Bounds Green in north London.

Featured Content

Translate this website

© 2024   Created by Richard McKeever.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...