Hi neighbours

Wouldn't it be great to get a Sunday market going on Myddleton Road. Has anyone ever explored this idea?

I was just reading the paper today and saw a story about a group who regenerate old arcades such as Granville Arcade in Brixton, filling empty units with independent retailers and creative spaces. I thought.. how could some of that spirit be transferred to Myddleton road..? I know there are lots of discussions about how it could be regenerated. Thankfully The Step is coming, which will hopefully kick start something, but also it got my mind thinking - a market would bring people to the area, you wouldn't have to deal with property / council / long lost owners issue of empty shops (although obviously it would be great to have them used in better ways eventually), and it would provide a place for local retailers to sell interesting stuff that you don't find in Wood Green!

My brother lives in Clapton and there are a couple of Sunday Markets. Chatsworth Road has become much more interesting with new independent shops. I dont see why Myddleton Road couldn't go the same way. 

Lucy.

Views: 5923

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No can do any date - how about Sat 31st March?

I'm away from 21 March to 5 April, so a date before 21st would be great for me. Thanks Lucy!

How about meeting in April - Sat 14th? Better to do later as it will be mentioned in the newsletter which is only going out from 10th March onwards.

That's good for me.  Good to get the idea in the newsletter too.

Ok lets go for that date. I don't see why we can't meet for a coffee before if anyone wants to - before you go away. Im around 1 Mar onwards.

Yes definitely - I'm up for meeting after 1 March. At the Step? Wed - Fri evenings good for me. How does Wed 7 March at 6.30 look, to get the ball rolling?

Good for me though may have to be a bit later just incase have to wait for my other half to get back from work. We can keep in touch about it nearer the time? Will put the 7th in the diary. Yes, lets get that ball rolling!

L

Hi Lucy - let me know when you settle on a date - then I can add it as an event listing and include a reminder on the weekly update nearer the time.

Thanks

Richard

7 pm is fine with me.

Kari

Is everyone still OK for the meeting on 7 March? If so, I'll start a new thread so more people might see it. 

Kari

Yes we were there for a while.

Yes I was there for a bit. Isnt it great?

Lets meet there on Weds @ 7pm. Kari if you want to start a new thread that would be fab,

RSS

Connecting the communities of Bowes Park and Bounds Green in north London.

Featured Content

Translate this website

© 2024   Created by Richard McKeever.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...