The previous owners of our home removed a chimney breast at the back of the house on the ground and first floors. Now, we have damp patches localised around the area where the chimney breast would have been; I expect that there are little gaps in the external wall through which moisture is entering and wrecking our décor!

I'm not sure whether a builder would be best to deal with this sort of job or another type of tradesperson. Has anyone had this sort of work done and been pleased with the outcome? I would like someone who will guarantee the work: obviously, replastering and redecorating will need to happen (again!) after the job is done and I am loath to go to such time and expense only for damp patches to appear again the next time we get a bit of bad weather.

Thank you for any suggestions!

Views: 396

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi there my name is Richard Sheridan I am a local builder and I've just been looking at your post and I can help you I've got many recommendations on harringay online if that helps my number is 07466859579. My website is many thanks Richard Sheridan


© 2024   Created by Richard McKeever.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...