All Discussions Tagged 'local history' (26)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Anniversary of the First Cash Machine - an Enfield claim to fame.

Today - June 27th marks the  anniversary of the UK's first bank cash dispenser originally piloted in a pioneering 'robot-bank' scheme just…

Started by Richard McKeever

1 Jul 1, 2017
Reply by Donald Smith

Wood Green & Bounds Green on Film

Hi. I'm a volunteer for London's Screen Archives, and I've been cataloguing a film about Wood Green (including bits on Bounds green) for th…

Started by Zoe Roberts

7 May 19, 2017
Reply by Zoe Roberts

The Blitz

From my book I in addition to the tube station incident: A total of 14 High explosive bombs fell on the Bounds Green area causing serious d…

Started by Albert Pinching

4 Nov 22, 2015
Reply by Hutch Woodward

The Real Reasons why we Drink at the Ranelagh

Back in the summer I was approached to take part in a local oral history project - and to encourage others to get involved too, It was a fa…

0 Oct 16, 2015

Enfield Local History Course.

As autumn approaches there is always a new term "back to school" feeling in the air so its a perfect time to sign up for a course of evenin…

Started by Administrator

0 Sep 3, 2015

Morgans Record Shop: Bounds Green

News this week that there may be retail space available at Bounds Green Tube as Hairdresser "The Cut" is moving on. Bounds Green Tube Stati…

5 Aug 31, 2015
Reply by Richard McKeever

Who are our Local Heroes?

Our local area has just one Blue Plaque commemorating a notable former resident or building, it is one of the Plaques erected by Enfield Co…

36 Aug 28, 2015
Reply by Michael Cordwell James

Britain on Film: Exploring our cinematic history

The British Film Institute this week launched Britain on Film, an initiative to make their archive of thousands of unseen films freely avai…

1 Jul 17, 2015
Reply by Renato B

High winds bring down tree in Melbourne Avenue

As William Shakespeare reminds us in Sonnet XVIII "Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May..."  Well, we are now one day into June, an…

0 Jun 1, 2015

Ghost Signs of Bowes Park

Ghost Signs - the fading relics of hand painted advertising signs - can occasionally be glimpsed around London on older buildings. The sign…

0 May 21, 2015

RSS

Connecting the communities of Bowes Park and Bounds Green in north London.

Featured Content

Translate this website

© 2024   Created by Richard McKeever.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...