Forgive the poor, wonky iPhone shot of one of them (don't want to spoil the surprise if you haven't walked past yet) but the new artworks on Bowes Park Station footbridge are marvellous - who's responsible and how long are they staying? 

Views: 1885

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I walked over the bridge yesterday and to my amazement I saw that the painting of 'Shakespeare', which is what I had dubbed the painting, has sadly been vandalised with graffiti, he seems to have grown an eye patch.  I can only thing that this act was committed by kids who thought it funny to do this, but I think it a shame because there are people trying so hard to make a difference to Bowes Park and some idiot wants to mess things up.  While I am aware that these three paintings on the bridge are no masterpieces, yet they do bring some colour and interest to the area and whoever has done this should be ashamed of themselves.

I see that the painting of Sir Hugh has been restored, but the treatment has failed, he's still cross eyed.

It's a miracle.

Thanks to Caroline from BPCA for removing his eye patch after consulting with the artist who created Sir Hugh and the others. Looks much better, even if he's still a bit scary...!

Would it make sense for these paintings to at least have a perspex sheet over them to stop further attempts to ruin them?  Next time we might not be so lucky in being able to simply over paint the damage.

Here are the pics showing the successful restoration of Sir Hugh: Now back to his original state with pirate eye-patch and forehead graffiti tag removed.

I find it  so

heartening that people give their time to make improvements to  our local area - it really creates a 'feel good' factor.

Well done Caroline - you did a great job.

Sir Hugh looking as good as new !

Still a bit creepy, though!

Glad I'm not the only one who is not keen on these artworks ..

Really sad to see that the artwork on the bridge was vandalised over the weekend...

Really needs some perspex to protect it from the mindless fools who feel compelled to practice writing their name everywhere.

RSS

Connecting the communities of Bowes Park and Bounds Green in north London.

Featured Content

Translate this website

© 2024   Created by Richard McKeever.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...