Community News and Information (1,616)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The oldest of the old

The number of centenarians in the UK is set to double by 2020. So what's it like to be 100? Words and pictures in the Guardian - and if you…

Started by Hugh from Harringay Online

0 Mar 25, 2011

In Praise of Tin Tabernacles

An editorial in today's Guardian celebrates the fact that a corrugated iron church, St Michael's and All Angels in Hythe , Kent has been g…

Started by Richard McKeever

1 Mar 3, 2011
Reply by Kathleen Duffy

My Bowes Park - Podcast project for 13-18 year olds

A new project with local young people between 13-18 will be creating an audio snapshot of our area. Taking place in early 2011 the My B…

2 Feb 21, 2011
Reply by Eric Whelan

Paddington Bear - Lost in Bowes Park!

I spotted this home made poster in a 'phone box next to St Michael's Church in Palmerston Road. I was struck by how thoughtful the person h…

0 Jan 29, 2011

Recycle your Christmas Tree!

Today is Tweflth Night and traditionally the day to take down Christmas decorations (if they havent already gone!). It's easier than ever t…

0 Jan 6, 2011

Blake Road river since the 23rd Dec

Blake Road has been blessed with a river, well more of a stream really since the 23rd of December despite Thames Water being informed the m…

Started by Kevin

0 Dec 30, 2010

Support Youth Music: buy Living Sounds Charity CD

Local Musicians who present the "Living Sounds" live music sessions each Saturday at the Prince Bar on Trinity Road have recorded a Charity…

0 Dec 20, 2010

Can we have a Skateboard & bike park locally?

My 11year old son is mad about BMX and skate boarding. He has asked me to ask the local people if they would back him in trying to get a sk…

Started by Sally Eustance

2 Dec 11, 2010
Reply by John Naughton

Wood Green diagonal crossing

The new "Tokyo style" diagonal crossing outside Wood Green Tube station has now finally opened - here is a picture of the crossing in the s…

1 Dec 2, 2010
Reply by Anne Garbarini

Funds to Support Tree Planting Projects

This item appeared on Bowes Ward Councillors blog and is reposted here with thanks.The Tree Council's Tree Futures has announced that as pa…

Started by Administrator

0 Dec 1, 2010

RSS

Connecting the communities of Bowes Park and Bounds Green in north London.

Featured Content

Translate this website

© 2024   Created by Richard McKeever.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...