Local History (80)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Enfield Haunting: Supernatural activity happening locally?

We've had a few recent reports of supernatural activity happening locally:  On the first of this month a mysterious document was discovered…

Started by Richard McKeever

0 Apr 24, 2015

Alexandra Palace gets the Green Light from the Heritage Lottery Fund

Congratulations go to The Alexandra Park and Palace Trust after the Heritage Lottery Fund has approved their bid for £18.8 million pounds t…

Started by Stephen Middleton

2 Mar 26, 2015
Reply by Kate Franzmann

Bowes Park WW1 Soldier recognised on National Army Museum website

The National Army Museum is conducting a First World War Centenary programme of national, regional and digital activities. One of the "Sol…

0 Jul 20, 2014

Alexandra Palace - Transmitter Hall

I am doing a small research project for Alexandra Palace about the Transmitter Hall. And I wondered if any members of the group have any in…

Started by Joanna Mead

0 Jun 3, 2014

Local Film Locations

I discovered a new website this week detailing London Film Locations. In advance of Location London, a film studies conference happening in…

8 Apr 4, 2014
Reply by Richard McKeever

More Ally Pally history tours: 12-13 April

http://alexandrapalace.seetickets.com/tour/history-tours-at-alexandra-palace/calendar Back by popular demand the History Tours at Alexandra…

Started by Lindsey Berthoud

2 Mar 24, 2014
Reply by Lindsey Berthoud

History of Bounds Green School

Many thanks to Caroline Simpson who has forwarded a fascinating document which gives a little insight into local history. To celebrate the…

Started by Administrator

1 Mar 21, 2014
Reply by Sonya (Everyone's Climbing Tree)

World Book Day 2014

We have marked World Book Day before with references to our neighbourhood in literature. This time here is a passage from writer and essayi…

1 Mar 7, 2014
Reply by Lindsey Berthoud

A romantic Valentines love story - from 100 years ago

A romantic love story was reported in the local newspaper, The Recorder, 100 years ago this week. Below we reproduce the story first publis…

0 Feb 14, 2014

Happy Days

I found your site through my Cousin Terry who was seeking out posters for the Jazz concerts held at the Fishmongers Arms. I thought some o…

Started by Keith Bailey

6 Feb 12, 2014
Reply by Keith Bailey

RSS

Connecting the communities of Bowes Park and Bounds Green in north London.

Featured Content

Translate this website

© 2024   Created by Richard McKeever.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...