London-Wide news and views (35)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

More or Less: Behind the Stats: Grenfell Towers' death toll

The difficulties of finding the true number of people who died in the Grenfell Tower fire are discussed in this programme, CLICK HERE.

Started by Donald Smith

2 Sep 19, 2017
Reply by Donald Smith

BBC World Service: The Inquiry: What can we do with our dead

Cemeteries around the world are fast running out of space. As more and more people choose to live in cities, some can't even cope with the…

Started by Donald Smith

0 Sep 9, 2017

London - National Park City

Attended the launch event on Tuesday for this event - a brilliant scheme to join together all of London's Greenery and encourage children t…

Started by Stephen Middleton

6 Nov 9, 2015
Reply by Stephen Middleton

London Passport Map

I'm a sucker for data visualisations - illustrations of information in an easily accessible and well designed image - and I am particularly…

Started by Richard McKeever

0 Oct 6, 2015

Prepare for Revalidation of Nurses - coming soon!

Revalidation is a process that all nurses and midwives will need to engage with to demonstrate that they practise safely and effectively th…

Started by Donald Smith

0 Jun 22, 2015

A Greater London National Park

The London Assembly has recently voted unanimously in favour of this new proposal. - from the Londonist. Also the founder of the idea, Dani…

Started by Stephen Middleton

0 Jun 5, 2015

Happy 50th anniversary, Haringey and Enfield!

Today is the 50th anniversary of the London Boroughs and the creation of Greater London.  A contact at Enfield told me "we have lots of stu…

Started by Lindsey Berthoud

2 Apr 16, 2015
Reply by Meerie

Local Stars of Stage and Screen!

In a recent discussion about local film locations - it was pointed out that David Baddiels "The Infidel" was in part filmed in Bowes Park.…

0 Nov 5, 2014

Whereabouts do you Live? Mapping London's neighbourhoods by people, not places.

I'm always interested in new forms of data mapping; making sense of statistical information by locating the data on a map A new website lau…

0 Oct 30, 2014

London Play Streets

We have written before about Play Streets - so I was delighted to hear about the new London Play Streets initiative from London Play London…

0 Aug 7, 2014

RSS

Connecting the communities of Bowes Park and Bounds Green in north London.

Featured Content

Translate this website

© 2024   Created by Richard McKeever.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...